B. Makeup brushes

I saw these new brushes in Superdrug and fell in love. I'd been eyeing them up for a while and when they were released I couldn't get them quick enough!

I only got 3 as I figured I probably shouldn't buy many more brushes as my collection is getting a little out of hand.
They're on offer at the moment with about £2 off so if you're thinking of getting some, I'd get some now! They range in price and are usually about £10, with the eye shadow and smaller brushes being about £6 (don't quote me).



I also ended up getting the Brush Cleanser because I didn't actually have one and only ever washed my brushes using baby shampoo, which is way too much effort! The brush cleaner is only £4.99 and is actually pretty good.

I thought it smelt a little like glue? But it seems like this is the standard smell for make up brush cleansers, as the No 7 one smells basically the same.

It's worked at getting some of my most dirty brushes back to the lovely looking white coloured bristles, So I am definitely a fan of it!
             
The bristles are very soft and I've washed them a few times and so far they have shown no signs of shedding.

The blush/contour brush is the one I now use for my blush as it's just perfect (I'm still in love with my real techniques blush brush, mind)
The powder brush is great at power but I also feel like it would be good for blusher as it's large, but not too large... Would be good for travelling so you don't have to take too many brushes with you!
The finishing brush is my least favourite. I use it after I've put my foundation on to buff it in more, but I feel like I would not be able to use it alone for foundation as it just doesn't seem to blend it in properly on it's own.
I do love it to blend my foundation in afterwards though, so it is kind of an 'extra' brush and wouldn't be an essential one.

If you were just to buy one brush, I would probably say go for one of the other two!

I'm always looking for new brushes, I have some sort of addiction with it and my collection is growing so please feel free to let me know of any amazing brushes I should try out!

Dannie xo

Share:

2 comments

  1. I've been looking for a new brush cleanser so I might have to give this one a try. I'm the same and wash mine with baby shampoo but it's such a faff x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth it and the fact it's pretty cheap is a huge bonus! Can't believe how clean it makes my brushes tbh x

      Delete