Battle of the highlighters


                                              

I've recently become obsessed with trying to find the perfect highlighter and in doing so I've found a couple that stand out to me, so figured I may as well share them with you.

Probably the most well known one is Benefit's 'highbeam' and for good reason, it's certainly one of my favourites! I only have a sample size but it's lasted me pretty well, clear that a little goes a long way.
The full size of highbeam is £19.50 although I'm sure I've seen it elsewhere for a tiny bit cheaper... shop around!


I heard about the supposed 'dupe' for this by Technic, a brand sold by Body Care. Clearly named after benefit as it's called 'high lights'. As this one is only around the £2 I thought it was worth trying.









Even from it's appearance you can tell it isn't quite the same. The Technic one is on the left and Benefit's on the right. It is much more liquidy and a little bit lighter. 
I feel as though the Benefit one has more colour to it, whereas the Technic one is very white looking. I definetly prefer the Benefit one and think it is worth spending the extra money on. Since you don't use a lot at a time it tends to last a while too. If you're not sure if you like the look of highlighters though and just want to try it out, the Technic one isn't completely awful.
Chella highlighter - ivory lace £15.95
I recieved this 'Chella' highlighter in a Birchbox and it's fairly decent! I tend to only use it in the inner corner of my eye as I find it difficult to use a crayon highlighter on your cheeks. I've found this one to be the best for the eye area though as it is much easier to apply.


MUA - iridescent Gold £3
We all know my strong love for MUA! The products are cheap but the quality is impressive!I know this is a popular one because it is constantly sold out and it flies off the shelves when it is in stock. It's not a bad highlighter, I bought it mainly because I thought it was pretty.. it is definetly very gold which I'm not the biggest fan of, but if I just use a little bit then it's really nice.

Now we're getting on to my favourites!


Nars illuminator - Copacabana £23
I bought this because of how much Velvetgh0st went on about it, I was never one to buy high end make up and this was one of my first ones. It looks so pretty! It's more pinky which I prefer in a highlighter. Priced at £23 it's one of he more expensive products but I believe it's well worth the money. You don't tend to use much when it comes to highlighters so you know it's going to last a while!
Revolution Sugar & Spice £6
Finally, I'd say this is the one I use the most often, pretty much everyday! 
The lighter colour in the top, from the Revolution sugar and spice blush palette.I bought this palette mainly for the blushes but fell in love with this highlighter in it. It has the perfect amount of white and pink in and looks absolutely beautiful!

The fact that it is so cheap is a HUGE bonus, it's not going to do too much damage to your bank. The one bad thing is how hard this is to get hold of. Again, it's a very popular product, I literally went round 5/6 stores to try and find this and ordered online! I finally found it in Manchester though!  Definitely worth it, if you can find it.

My highlighter collection isn't that extensive and I'm probably still going to continue buying highlighters because it's become my most recent obsession! I want to get the highlighter from Topshop, and I'm sure in the coming months I'll find a few more I want to purchase too :')

Dannie xo 






Share:

1 comments

  1. I definitely have to agree about the MUA highlighter, I feel like it is also a bit too clingy on the skin and mine always gathers around my acne - not cute! You mentioned Birch Box when talking about the Chela highlighter, could you maybe do a revue on March's birch box? I am really tempted to sign up, but I would love to see your personal opinion on it xx

    ReplyDelete