2014 Favourites

So I've attempted to compile a list of my  favourites of 2014, I've probably missed loads out 'cause apparently trying to remember what you've been using for the past year is a harder task than it seems!

Beauty



A foundation that I've been using for pretty much the whole year is Rimmel's 'wake me up' (pictured above). I noticed a lot of people have said that the shimmer in it is too much but I've never really noticed it that much and no ones picked me up on it. So unless I've been walking around like an extra from Twilight and nobody has bothered telling me, I'd say the shimmer isn't too over powering. The only downside to it I'd say, is the colour range.. this is Ivory (100) but it isn't exactly pale, gives you a good excuse to get a tan though.



I struggled to narrow concealer down to one, so I just chose 2 ;)
The Collection lasting perfection concealer (right) is one of the best I've used, for the price.. I think it's around £4 but it's so good and such good value! I've got shades 1 and 2, and use the lighter one under my eyes and the darker one everywhere else.
The Kiko full coverage concealer (left) is a more recent discovery but I love it! It's a thicker consistency yet still feels really creamy and it's perfect for covering up dark circles and any blemishes. It's still only £7.50 so it's not all that expensive neither!


For blush, I went for Sleek's blush in 'Life's a peach'. It was a toss up between this one and a brighter pink by the same brand but I felt like I got a lot more use of this one this year. It's the perfect coral colour, not too bright.

For blushes (and other products, from what I've heard) Sleek is a really good quality brand and nothing is more expensive than £10, including the blush palettes from them, which I happen to love very much.




The MUA palette in 'undress me too' has been my go-to eyeshadows for literally the entire year! Mine is looking incredibly well-loved (grubby) so I decide against taking a picture of it. It's supposed to be a dupe for the Naked palette, but at a very reasonable price of £4, I've used to death and I'm considering getting another because the 3 colours I use the most are basically all gone... :( Good sign of a favourite though!

I'm gutted I only have a sample size of the Clinique high impact mascara - I think I got it in a magazine at some point, but it's one of the best mascaras ever and I'll probably buy it once this has had it. The brush doesn't even look that spectacular as I'm usually into bigger brushes on my mascaras but I've been converted!
Maybelline colour tattoo in On and On Bronze has again, been one of those products I've reached for almost every day, I'm a fan of the neutral colours for eyes so this makes a really great base.


Skincare


I wont go into too much detail with these 'cause I don't know too much about skincare, other than these products are amazing and you need to try them (if you haven't already!). I tend to stick to what I know and what I've seen with a lot of reviews but I got the Dr. Jart toner in a birchbox and I'm so glad I did or I probably wouldn't have ever tried it.

Hair
My hair can be pretty unruly at time as it's naturally pretty wavy. The Macadamia leave in cream has been one of my favourites for the past couple of years and does a fantastic job of making my hair really smooth.
The Tresemme 7 day smoothing system is something I only tried out recently but holy smokes, it's the best thing in existence. I literally didn't straighten my hair for around 3 days and it was still stick straight! Very impressed, I was!


TV

Pretty Little Liars
I only started watching this towards the end of the year, but as always I've binge watched it and almost watched the entire first season. If you haven't seen it - watch it, it's so good!
American Horror Story
I've almost finished season 2 - and is it just me who preferred the firs to the second?! Everyone I've spoken to loved the 2nd and in all honesty, I can't wait to get onto season 3, it's still good though..



So there's just a few of the things I've enjoyed using/watching this year, I know I missed a few out but I didn't want to make this too long and boring for you to read. Let me know what you've been loving this past year! 

Much Love,
Dannie xo

Share:

2 comments

  1. I really need to get some of that collection concealer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this!! I have always wanted to try one of the Sleek Blushes but have never really had the final push to get it, next time I go into Boots I will definitely have to have a look!x

    ReplyDelete